Program Perumahan Rakyat (PPR)
The People’s Housing Program (PPR) is a government programme for relocation of squatter and meeting the needs of the dwelling for the lower income group. The National Housing Department / Urban Well-being, Housing and Local Government Ministry is the leading implementing agency for PPR projects throughout Malaysia.
PPR consists of 2 categories, Rented PPR and Owned PPR.
All houses constructed under both the Owned PPR and Rented PPR programme will use the specification of design and design of low-cost housing set out in the National Housing Standard for Low Cost Housing (CIS2).
Rented PPR – The rented PPR programme was introduced in February 2002 aimed at being rented out to target groups (low income and squatter) at a rate of RM124.00 per month.
Owned PPR – The Government is also implementing the Owned PPR which aims to enable lower income earners to have their own homes. Owned PPR houses sold at RM35,000 per unit in Peninsular Malaysia and RM42,000 per unit in Sabah and Sarawak.
|By||Ministry of Urban Well-being, Housing and Local Government (KPKT)|
|Property Type||• Multi-storey flats
• 5-storey walk-up flats
• Terrace houses
|Property Price Range||• Peninsular: RM30,000 – RM35,000
• Sabah & Sarawak: RM40,500
|Property Specifications||• Minimum area of 700 sq ft
• 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
• Living Room
|Monthly Income||Under RM2,500 per month|
|Eligibility Criteria||1. You must be a Malaysian citizen.
2. You must be aged 18 years and above.
3. Your household income must be below RM2,500 per month.
4. You must not have a home yet.
5. Applicants with family (priority).
6. According to the additional requirements set by the state government.
|Application Process||1. Register online
2. Apply at nearest district office / land office, city hall office, municipal or district councils or through open registration system (SPT) via ehome.kpkt.gov.my
|Documents Required||1. NRIC copy of applicant and dependents
2. Latest payslips
3. Completed application form
|Constraints||Not allowed to rent out|
|Social Media||• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KPKTMalaysia/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kpkt/
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1E_1jNvmTEirTHAjpFZY4g
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/kpkt_gov
|Contact||Kementerian Kesejahteraan Bandar, Perumahan dan Kerajaan Tempatan
51, Persiaran Perdana, Presint 4, 62100 Putrajaya,
Wilayah Persekutuan, Putrajaya.
Tel.: +603-8000 8000
Fax: +603-8891 3182
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be a Malaysian.
- You must be aged 18 years and over.
- Your household income must be below RM2,500 per month.
- You must not have a home yet.
- According to the additional requirements set by the state government.
List of the People’s Housing Program
For the latest list, visit http://www.kpkt.gov.my/index.php/pages/view/307
|1||PPR Simpang Perdana (Rented)||Apartment|
|2||PPR Sungai Putat, Melaka (Rented)||Apartment|
|3||PPR Hiliran, Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu. (Rented)||Apartment|
|4||PPR Ladang Siliau, Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan (Owned)||Terrace House|
|5||PPR Kampung Hassan, Hulu Selangor, Selangor (Owned)||Terrace House|