KPKT MyDeposit Scheme
First House Deposit Financing Scheme or MyDeposit is introduced by the Government to help the middle class (M40) group to own their first home. The Government has announced an allocation of RM200 million as a contribution to the deposit payment for the purchase of a first home by one household. The MyDeposit Scheme was launched by the Government through the Ministry of Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government (KPKT). The MyDeposit Scheme application was officially opened on 6 April 2016. This scheme is one of the Government’s initiatives to encourage home ownership by Malaysians.
Application Terms and Conditions
- Malaysian citizen.
- Aged 21 and above.
- Purchase of first home for one household. Households refer to husband or wife only. The spouse or spouse who owns a home for that household is NOT ALLOWED.
- Household income must range from RM3,000 to RM15,000.
Housing project criteria
- Licensed new housing projects from licensed housing developers only.
- Purchase price of RM500,000 and below.
- Approval of purchases for private housing projects that do not receive subsidies / incentives / Government funds.
- Housing projects by Federal and State Governments such as PPA1M, PR1MA, RUMAWIP, PPR, MyHome and Affordable Houses are NOT ALLOWED.
Required documents for application
The mandatory documents that must be uploaded in the MyDeposit System (format: .pdf):
- Copy of applicant’s and applicant’s spouse’s identity card and partner’s
- Copy of identity card / birth-certificate
- Copy of OKU card / OKU confirmation letter (if applicable)
- Copy of marriage certificate / death certificate / divorce certificate
- Statutory Declaration of single status
- Statutory Declaration of self-employed / unemployed
- Validation of applicant’s employer and spouse. Required information: service / employment status, marital status, monthly salary and service period
- Applicant and spouse’s latest payslips
- Copy of EPF statement or income tax return of applicant and spouse
- Copy of Center Credit Reference Information System (CCRIS) report of applicant and spouse
- Letter of offer / confirmation of purchase of house from licensed housing developer
- Letter of support and confirmation of local leader
- Latest copy of current home’s electricity / water bills
To learn more about the MyDeposit scheme, please download the FAQs or booklet on the mechanics of MyDeposit below.
Enquiries on MyDeposit Scheme
- Tel: 03-8891 4025/ 4026/ 4051/ 4057
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries on MyDeposit Application
- Tel: : 03-8891 4475/ 4474
- Email: email@example.com
Information is taken from https://sprn.kpkt.gov.my/info/mydeposit